[aprssig] Eagle Explorer

Richard Holder ve4qk at mts.net
Wed Sep 15 17:20:47 EDT 2004

I use an antique GPS , Eagle Explorer, with a TM-D700 Kenwood in my
truck.  Some time ago the system went down - likely
a broken wire between the GPS and the radio.  I finally got all working
again but in the process reset the GPS system a couple of times.

I now notice that the GPS indicates the direction of travel as being about
4 - 6 degrees less than it should be.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get the GPS to give the
correct track?
(All other functions, location, speed, etc seem to be ok)

73   Dick   VE4QK