[aprssig] REJ Message

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Sep 9 22:07:48 EDT 2004

>>> ajfarmer at spenet.com 9/9/04 6:11:42 PM >>>
>I sent an APRS message to a station today and instead
>of getting an "ack", I received a "rej".

This means the stations INBUFFER for messages is full
and he has not read any.  APRSdos, the Kenwoods
and probably the HAMhud will do this...  Some software
has a bottomless pit for incomming Email which in my
opinion only encourages the receipients to never
read it in real time.. <grin> so even though you dont
get a REJ, the recepient hardly ever reads it...

I like the REJ packet as a means of telling the sender
that the recepient either isnt reading his mail or isnt
interested.  APRS is a real-time system.  When you
send a message and it is acked you have to hope
that the human reads it...

de WB4APR, Bob