[aprssig] RELAY, WIDE4-4,IGATE?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu Sep 9 17:04:31 EDT 2004

I've been watching some discussions about path's lately and I had a thought.

I think most digipeters are smart enough to do "premptive" repeating (i.e., it
will something later in the path if it matches).

Would it be possible to add an alias of IGATE to the igates? If so, then would
adding IGATE to the end of your path (assuming that your goal is to get to an
IGATE) reduce the number of hops that you make?

Take the path:
     RELAY,WIDE4-4,IGATE

If the first Relay is an IGATE, then the packet becomes digipeted as:
     RELAY,WIDE4-4,IGATE*

thus avoiding a large amount of RF traffic?

I'm new to all of this and am sure that I have misused some of the terms, but
I hope I am clear enough for you guys to understand me.

Thoughts?

--
William McKeehan
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net