[aprssig] UI View callsign / ssid

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Sep 7 17:16:37 EDT 2004

There is no distinction between VK4TEC-0 and VK4TEC.  Regardless of whether
or not you're running KISS, it's still transmitted as an AX.25 frame, and
there are only four bits available for encoding the SSID.  Possible values
are 0 through 15.  By convention, the -0 is generally omitted.

http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fax25.html

Scott
N1VG