[aprssig] Re: The New N-N paradigm CAN WORK

Christopher A. Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Fri Oct 29 02:18:49 EDT 2004

> _IF_  I understand what you said yesterday about making wide2-2 work... we'll
> take MYA, which can contain 4 aliases, and make MYA RELAY,wide2-2,wide2-1,wide
> be the setting.

Clunky yes, but it works a treat. I did this tonight in my PACCOMM 5.0 TNC2 digi
and it's almost as good as having a WIDEn-n rom in it!

This seems way better than just configuring it for RELAY,WIDE. It's a fillin
digi in the lowlands, so it doesn't tend to see multiple copies of packets that
haven't already been seen by a high and wide digi. In thinking about it a little
more, perhaps I should take wide2-1 out of the alias set, since those will tend
to be packets that have been seen by a WIDEn-n digi anyway, and I shouldn't be
adding to the QRM by digipeating them. Easily fixed; that lets me have a
regional alias again.

Thanks for the idea!

73 de chris KG6VYD