[aprssig] Astronauts at USNA via PCsat Saturday morning.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 28 19:10:35 EDT 2004

Saturday morning, 30 Oct,  at 0800 CDT and 0900 EDT
there will be a pass of PCsat over the central USA while we
will be having visiting NASA VIP's and Astronaut Alumni.

We will have a brief-case ground station at the picnic
area running to try to send/receive any PCsat APRS
messages.  Especially if you are ex-navy, send us your
APRS posit with a salutation.  Our station will try to QSL
via PCsat all such packets.

Astronauts will be:
CAPT Ken Reightler, class of 1973
CAPT Bill Readdy, class of 1974
CAPT Brent Jett, class of 1981
LCDR Chris Cassidy, class of 1993

Following this event, there will be a brief ceremony on board the
sailing ship Constellation ship (alongside the Robert Crown Sailing
Center), starting at 1000.  The Constellation Museum Director, Mr.
Chris
Rowsom, and NASA Administrator, Mr. Sean O'Keefe, will exchange items
that tie the historic Constellation with the future space vehicle
program-- Project Constellation - the development of NASA's new Crew
Exploration Vehicle.

Please, do not overlaod PCsat.  One posit/salutation is sufficient.
PCsat will have been in dark only 6 minutes earlier and may
not be ready for a full load...

de Wb4APR, Bob