[aprssig] The ALOHA circle on all MAPS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 28 17:16:51 EDT 2004

Regarding the idea for all APRS software to compute
and always display the local ALOHA limit on all maps:

>>> "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> 10/28/04 11:52:43 AM >>>
>And to be clear, [xastir] hasn't implemented it yet, but it
>was added to our (somewhat long) feature request list.
>I'm sure it'll get done, but it might be a while.

Thanks.  Having the ALOHA range limit displayed on all
maps at all times right under the nose of every operator is
my way of finally getting the message across to every
user in real-time  what his actual usable APRS range is.

And since it follows from the laws of physics and scales
everywhere independent of geography and network
it is the holy grail of APRS as far as I am concerned...

thanks
Bob, Wb4APR,