[aprssig] RE: aprssig Digest, Vol 4, Issue 28

john van sandt n9yrx at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:03:58 EDT 2004

Steve K4HG sez:

"........For the first year, that comes to over $11k, I'll round down and
settle
for that
amount...my paypal account is k4hg at tapr.org ... as soon as you deposit
the
$11,000 I'll get to work.

THAT is all you have to do!

Steve K4HG"

     I think this has been said before and was overlooked by everyone.  When
you see an excessive path, call/e-mail/visit (or even use HAM radio voice?)
ie. communicate on a personal one on one basis the need for reducing the
path.  I know if I was showing up like a sore thumb which caused a stranger
to call, it would give cause for me to at least think about what I was
doing.  If two or more called, I would likely do more than think.  Trying to
automate a limited path by Steve or anyone else is just going to provide a
challenge to someone to defeat the system...A lot like trying to legislate
morality....won't work in the long run.
  In short do something constructive that may even make a
friend...Call...make yourself avaliable...do unto others and do it fast
before they can do it to you...or something like that.

N9YRX
ARRL Clark County ILL ARES® Coordinator
ILL Section Offical Emergency Station
For present APRS location: