[aprssig] Worst Path of the Day

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Oct 27 11:59:13 EDT 2004

> On 10/27/04 at 10:57 AM Tyler Allison <tyler at allisonhouse.com> sent:
>
>> Personally I like the findu.com solution. All we have to do is convince
>>  the findu.com admin(s) to not display people with "bad" paths and that
>>  should take care of 50% of folks who care about their traffic.
>
> I've donated thousands of hours and more than $15,000 in monetary outlays
>  to APRS, but that doesn't give you the right to donate one minute of my
> time.

Im not donating your time. I said convince. I didnt say force. We've all
outlayed money for the hobbies we choose to do. I've spent as much on my
own stuff as well...but I dont go off half cocked when people throw out
ideas for improvements about the software I've developed.  If you don't
want to you don't want to. Nothing I can do about that since you're the
project owner.

> I'll be glad to do this for my usual hourly rate (I'm an emergency
> physician if you didn't know), I'd estimate 10 hours to modify findU to
> parse paths and update the find cgi to check length, 10 hours to write
> the web page, and another 5 hours a month to answer the additional email
> that would be required.
>
> For the first year, that comes to over $11k, I'll round down and settle
> for that amount...my paypal account is k4hg at tapr.org ... as soon as you
> deposit the $11,000 I'll get to work.
>
> THAT is all you have to do!

When you start accepting help on development you let me know. I'll do the
work for free and handle the emails from stupid users. I have no problem
saying "no" to people. I do it all day.

I wont hold my breath.

-Tyler