[aprssig] Worst Path of the Day

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Oct 27 11:52:14 EDT 2004

> service, get in touch with the local club in the area, pick up a phone,
try
> to find them on a repeater, or e-mail them.  Isn't this how we'd cover any
> other instance of QRM?

Many of them don't think it's a problem and won't change, even when asked.

Whoever writes the information page on this subject needs to make it very
clear (like maybe with simple pictures) that going from WIDE3-3 to WIDE6-6
isn't like doubling your time-to-live in IP.  It's not a linear increase in
traffic, it's exponential in most cases.

Yeah, there will always be some folks who want to run 'DX APRS' and see how
many hops they can get on RF.  But most of the repeat offenders I see are
mobiles that want to get to FindU at any cost.

Scott
N1VG