[aprssig] Worst Path of the Day

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Wed Oct 27 10:58:31 EDT 2004

That also brings up the problem of IGates themselves.  Bob is correct -
it is very easy to setup and IGate.  Some software comes default with
the IGate settings turned on when you connect to the internet, and hence
you'll have 4 or 5 RF gates serving the same piece of property.  There
is a general need for education in all areas of APRS.  I have had a lot
of success educating users about the use of the internet servers and the
14580 filter port.  It takes time and patience, but little by little,
you receive the appreciation.  I learned a long time ago that it will
never be 100% - meaning there will always be someone out there running
WIDE7-7 no matter how much "schooling" he/she has had.

Don't give up on education, just do your best to be courteous and helpful!

73
Phil - AD6NH
http://www.aprsca.net