[aprssig] Worst Path of the Day

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Oct 27 11:16:32 EDT 2004

On Oct 27, 2004, at 9:57 AM, Tyler Allison wrote:

> Personally I like the findu.com solution.

Well, he just said that he doesn't have the time or inclination to do
so right now.

Also, that's an APRS-IS solution.  While the IS is very nice to have
around, it is, IMO, a secondary function of APRS, and not nearly as
important as what happens on RF.  If APRS-IS goes away today it may
take me a while to notice, and it would not be the end of APRS.  If a
bunch of boneheads start using seven or eight RELAYs as a path it may
kill APRS on RF, and that would kill APRS.

> Let's all remember...the people with bad paths DONT CARE

That's not entirely true.  For the first few weeks as an ARPS operator
I was a bad operator.  I was running a D700 mobile with 50W,
RELAY,WIDE3-3, once a minute and I did it because that's what I was
told I should use.  Another ham educated me and I quickly got the path
down to a RELAY,WIDE2-2 and the transmit power down to 5W.

-Jason
kg4wsv