[aprssig] MEPIS and mapping programs

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Sat Oct 9 10:02:04 EDT 2004

I have never used Linux before in my life, but all this talk about Mepis and
Xastir got me interested. I downloaded the Mepis CD and booted an old laptop
I have that *has no hard drive*. It is running right now as a functional web
browser. It is obviosly virus proof since there is NO hard drive. I am still
amazed this is even possible. Anyway, since I have broadband at my house I
think I am going to set up a Xastir I-Gate. Which brings me to my two
questions; Is Xastir a good app to run an I-Gate? Is there any kind of
navigation software like Fugawi that runs on Linux?
Thanks,
Joe Della Barba
73 de N3HGB