[aprssig] Revised symbols for UIview, UIpoint and APRSplus posted on my website.

Stephen H. Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 06:08:28 EDT 2004

After months of delay, I have finally finished and posted the revised
APRS symbol set for UI-View and APRSplus.

This set incorporates the customary "U.S. style" symbols; i.e. green
6-pointed digi stars, red cars, etc and includes all the latest
revisions and additions to the APRS symbol set discussed at great length
earlier this year on the TAPR APRSsig mailing list.

You can see how the U.S.-style symbols look on UI-View maps by visiting
my personal aprs server at:

    http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14439

The symbols are still packaged on the same 20x20 pixel grid as the
original G4IDE versions, but the icons themselves are only 16x16 pixels
(same size as the ones in APRSplus and on Findu)instead of 20 x20. The
smaller icons cover up less of the underlying map, and overlap less in
crowded urban areas with many stations showing.

Go to the main ham page on my website:
    http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/ham

and follow the link at the top of the page for downloadable zip files in
formats for UI-View, UI-Point and APRSplus.

Stephen H. Smith                   wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                            http://wa8lmf.com