[aprssig] SolarPC Announces the $100 Personal Computer

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Nov 28 14:35:12 EST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Earl Needham wrote:

> At 09:09 AM 11/28/2004, William McKeehan wrote:
> >At first glance, this looks like a wonderful platform for a digipeter or
> >IGate.
> >
> >http://linuxpr.com/releases/7357.html
>
>          Yeah, but minimum order is 100,000 units!
 Vaporware.  At the top of the web page, it says 'available December
2004', but the minimum order statement at the bottom, and the claim that
it will be shown at a February 2005 conference, lead me to believe that
what they're really saying is "If you give me $10,000,000, I'll tell you
how much computer $100 will really buy you".

Hey, I'll match that offer!

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin