[aprssig] digipeater IDs

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Wed Nov 24 12:03:27 EST 2004

Recently a thread ran on here suggesting a three way staggering of digipeater
IDs with regard to the path.

>#1 every 30 mins starting at  0 to DIRECT
>#2 every 30 mins starting at 10 to WIDE
>#3 every 60 mins starting at 30 to WIDE2-2
>That will get you a local packet every 20 mins, a WIDE
>every 30, and a WIDE2-2 every hour and no dupes.
>***But once every hour on the 50 minute mark, you wont
>get any.   But 5 out of 6 ain't bad, since the rest of it works
>so well.

What I've come up with is to simply add a 4th BLT (which we have anyway) so that
it functions to fill in the 50 minute ID that is missing.
#1 every 30 mins starting at  0 to DIRECT
#2 every 30 mins starting at 10 to WIDE
#3 every 60 mins starting at 20 to WIDE2-2
#4 every 60 mins starting at 50 to DIRECT

makes the following happen:
 0 mins DIRECT
10 mins WIDE     (direct sees this too)
20 mins WIDE2-2  (direct and WIDE see this too)
30 mins DIRECT
40 mins WIDE     (direct sees this too)
50 mins DIRECT

The end result is that the locals still see the ID every 10minutes
Wes