[aprssig] New and playing

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 18 17:51:13 EST 2004

>>> ve7gdh at rac.ca 11/18/04 3:31:38 PM >>>
>You aren't suggesting that just the trackers should move
>to another frequency, are you?

Yes, no.  What I mean is that every digi should have a separate
local input for whoever is local and wants to use it as a priority
input to the digi...  LOCAL users should get priority..

>but it would be nicer if everything can work on 144.390 MHz...

But it cant.  It is physically impossible to have more than
stattistically about 50 to 60 users on a single 144.39 channel
anywhere....  COunt up the total packets transmitted and it
comes out to 100% solid channel...  that is why all efforts
in APRS these days should focus on limiting out-of-area
packets from too far away from QRMing the local network.

>More "future concepts"... let's move to a duplex system.

Yes, that is exactly what we are proposing with the alternate
local input channel (144.99 if available in the area)...

I think we are in agreement, just saying it a little differently
I guess..
thanks
Bob