[aprssig] New and playing

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 18 12:54:48 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> One thing that I really wanted to do with APRS is generate maps from my
> off-road trips. The length of the trips is generally longer than the tracklog
> in my GPS unit would hold, so I need an alternative storage location.

You might consider putting a datalogger in there attached to the
GPS.  The OziExplorer web pages used to have a link to a device that
was small and could record several days worth of data.

You might also put your GPS into a different tracking mode.  Use
timed recording instead of the "auto", if you're using a Garmin.
That way it'll record a waypoint at regular intervals and you can
adjust the interval to the number of trackpoints (usually 1024 in a
Garmin) and the length of your 4-wheeling trip.