[aprssig] Default find.cgi scale

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Nov 15 12:09:07 EST 2004

> So if the owner of findu or it's users want better response time then the
> responsibility to get new hardware falls on their shoulders. I'll donate
my
> time and resources to get it running and host it.

One thing worth considering might be running Squid as a reverse proxy.  (See
http://www.ngogeeks.com/node/view/272).  Though as far as the FindU -
aprsworld link goes, it'd probably make more sense to set up a squid server
on the FindU end, to transparently cache maps and save server load and
bandwidth on aprsworld and any other map sources.

Squid works well, and it's a widely used and flexible caching system.  It'd
probably a lot easier for Steve to implement than caching within the FindU
server itself.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker