[aprssig] Default find.cgi scale

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:37:12 EST 2004

>>> k4hg at tapr.org 11/15/04 11:22:15 AM >>>
>The single APRSWorld map links to a zoomable page
>that can give you any scale you want...
>0.04 is the current default, the old default was 0.001.

It would be nice if the zoom scale was compatible with
the APRS range scale standard.  The purpose of the
APRS standard Range-Scale was to make things like
this more user friendly and consistent across all platforms
and applications..    Users have a good feel for what say
a "16 mile range scale" will get them, but something like
"0.04" doesnt give much of a feel...

thanks,
Bob, Wb4APR