[aprssig] ID requirements...

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Nov 8 23:17:27 EST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Brian B. Riley User wrote:

> It should be
>
>     #1 every 30 mins starting at   0
>     #2 every 30 mins starting at 10
>     #3 every 60 mins starting at 20
>
>   That covers 0,30,10,40,20 and leaves out 50

  As long as we're defining a suggested standard for ID transmissions,
let's add a 'time-slotting' parameter to spread them out a bit.  May I
suggest that you add to those start times a single digit as follows:  Look
at the decimal equivalent of the ASCII representation of the last
character of your callsign, and add the last digit to the above suggested
start times.
  For example, My call is N8BJX, 'X' in ASCII is decimal 130, so I would
add zero to the above example, and transmit on the 0,10,20,30,40 minute
marks.  Bob, WB4APR would look up 'R' in ASCII as 122, so he would use 2,
12,22.
  Let's not stress the network by scheduling as many collisions as
possible on every 10-minute mark!

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin