[aprssig] Firenet F5RVX

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Wed Nov 3 12:27:27 EST 2004

I agree and I apologize for encouraging such a response.  Phillipe does
understand English but is a newbie so this is his first foray into APRS
and Xastir.  I encouraged him to contact you directly, Curt, to figure
out what is going on.

The q constructs I saw were qAR,F5RVX and qAo,F5RVX so it was coming
from his Xastir station (unless he has another station with the same
SSID which is possible since he is a newbie).

I also agree with Phil that multiple simultaneous bidirectional
connections to one or more servers from a client (or server) should not
be used (or possible) due to problems such as this.  Address rotation
(either using rotate.aprs.net or rotate.aprs2.net, or by using specific
rotations defined in the client software) is definitely the way to go to
continue to clean up the APRS-IS data stream.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net