[aprssig] Message replies and ports

Christensen, Eric CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Tue Nov 2 18:36:23 EST 2004

Andrew,
I believe this means that UI-View is favoring the IS path rather than RF to conserve bandwidth.  I believe Roger had intentionally done this to conserve RF.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org on behalf of Andrew Rich
	Sent: Tue 02-Nov-04 14:56
	To: TAPR APRS Special Interest Group; Ozaprs at Marconi.Ics.Mq.Edu.Au
	Subject: [aprssig] Message replies and ports

	Guys,

	I am curious to know why when I did a DX query on a station via RF, i got a
	reply from IP ?

	Does this mean UI-VIEW is ignoring the fact that the packet came in on RF ?

	Or a set up issue ?

	Radio DX

	VK4TEC>APU25N,VK4GME-3* <UI C>:
	:VK4HAB   :?DX

	TCPIP reply

	VK4HAB>APU25N,TCPIP*,qAC,VK4HAB:
	:VK4TEC   :No stations have been heard except via a digipeater.