[aprssig] APRS on expedition, but non ham?

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 1 00:06:44 EST 2004

Hello again Scott,

Please let me know who deemed it acceptable for "third
parties" to operate, or otherwise do what may need to
be done with amateur transmitters.
If you have seen non hams operate ham transmitters you
may be on thin ice as well as those who have actually
carried or used the equipment.

I would not council others on the use of amateur
equipment if they are not licensed themselves.

I wanted to use amateur equipment so I got the
license.  I would not tell any non licensed person
that it is ok to use the equipment that demands a
license in order to use it.

That sounds like unlicensed operation.  Riley H. is
going after unlicensed truck drivers using 10 meters
illegally without a license.

Please let me know if I misunderstood what you were
saying.

Chris
KB8UIH