[aprssig] Re: [ui-view] A bit more on HID on the KPC3+

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:24:16 EDT 2004

Yes, B.u.t.....
HText is just text appeneded to the "end" of the normal
ID string.  So the ID string with all the CALLSIGNS is
still transmtted.... and it is not empty...   Bob

>>> rcluster at rgisp.com 7/29/04 3:21:46 PM >>>
Just looked through the default settings on the KPC3+ and yes HID is
defaulted to ON......

BUT.......

HTEXT, which is what HID sends out I believe, defaults to blank, nada,
empty.....

SO......

A KPC3+ out of the box will not send out any HID packets. The user, or
software, has to put something in HTEXT first. Some packet software
might do
that, but I doubt that any APRS software would.

Looking at the UI-View32 TNC init files, I can confirm that they do
not
change HTEXT. Still irrelevant if you are using the recommend KISS mode
with
UI-View32.

73.....Ron.....AC7TK.....(-9 when mobile)
UI-View32 iGate in Eugene, OR

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM