[aprssig] Fixing HID problems on APRS!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 26 09:03:03 EDT 2004

>>> bacton at comcast.net 7/25/04 11:44:11 AM >>>
>In the D700 ... the default setting for HID is ON.
>Could this default setting for the popular D700 be part
>of the problem?

Yes and no.
ALL TNC's have this default to ON.  That is why
user software is supposed to then turn it off during
initialization.  Apparently UIview does not do this
and that is why we are seeing this large growth
in HID QRM.

But, in the case of the D700, HID defaults to ON
only when used in PACKET mode. (Then the user
software is supposed to suppress it).  When it is
in APRS mode, then the radio suppresses it on its
own.  (we need to confirm this.)..

Bob