[aprssig] HID packets

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jul 24 20:47:48 EDT 2004

>>> pgreen at warpcore.com 7/24/04 6:54:44 PM >>>
>I delete these HID packets on my TH-D7 as they waste
>1 of the 40  slots and provide almost no info...  Is there
>a way to filter these out on the D7?  These are 4 or 5
>of these I my local area alone.

We MUST solve this problem everywhere and get all
those HID's turned off in ALL APRS TNC's.  Apparently
there must be some user APRS software that is not
properly setting the HID to OFF when it initializes the
TNC.  Can everyone please check their TNC INIT files
and lets find out what software is not doing this and
get it fixed!

Thanks
Bob