[aprssig] TH-D700 Assistance

Chuck Gooden cgooden at insightbb.com
Fri Jul 23 22:45:08 EDT 2004

I have almost completed installing a Kenwood TH-D700 in my 2002
Chevy Venture and being a new user I have a few questions:

I thought this radio could receive the aviation band (approx 121.5)
but the VFO doesn't seem to allow me to select it.  If there a mod
necessary to reveive outside of the ham bands?

Does any one have a "quick" list of what needs to be done to get
the APRS mode active, at least for receive.  I still need to get my
GPS cable wired.

Is there any way to change the power off time to something less
than three hours?

Sorry for the basic questions, I will be traveling a lot during the this
weekend and next week and would like to use the radio and don't
have a lot of time to dig through the books prior to the trip.

Thanks,