[aprssig] Quieting Honda Generator (was) Portable Ops from 12v via 115 VAC

J. Gary Bender, WS5N WS5N at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 31 20:05:53 EST 2004

For those following this sub-thread, I got a direct reply from Jim, W6RMK,
pointing me to:
http://www.dellroy.com/W4EF's-Ham-Radio-Page/Portable_Operation/EU2000i_
Filter.htm

The article describes a common mode filter for the AC output that did
the trick with the 2 KW Honda generator.  Looks like the same problem I
am having with the EU1000.  The noise seems to be on the AC line but not
radiating from the generator.  I.e., unplug the AC cord and the noise
goes away.

I will also try using the generator's 12 VDC output directly to the
battery when I am hamming rather than plugging the camper into the 120
VAC output.
--
Gary, WS5N