[aprssig] APRS coverage

Ken Kinyon w7ts at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 13:53:57 EST 2004

Being relatively new to this, I have learned a lot from reading the recent
discussions.
However, I am curious about the coverage of my recent trip.
Between Dec 21 and Dec 26, I traveled from the Denver CO area to the Des
Moines, IA area and back via I-76 and I-80.
 Between  "just to the northeast of Denver"  until I was near Lincoln, NE I
apparently disappeared except for one report on the trip back at the
intersection of I-76 and I-80 ( although I couldn't find this one in the
table only on the map).
I am getting this from the track record at APRSWORLD.com.  I was using call
W7TS and  I was set to relay, wide3-3.
Is this large area actually devoid of coverage, or should I have been set up
differently?
Thanks,
Ken W7TS
Kenneth E.  Kinyon