[aprssig] NetNodes, the future

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 29 12:50:08 EST 2004

NO, no, no.  RELAY,WIDE,WIDE should continue
to work perfectly!   (though R,W is preferred in most
busy areas)...

No one ever needs to switch to an interstate LINKn-N unless
he is trying to go more than 2 hops to talk to another trucker
across a vast distance (think Utah and Nevada) using
5 hops or something.   The LINKn-N's are only to allow
occassional long hops for the wiiilderness without at the same
time generateing 100 dupes across millions of square miles.
that the old WIDEn-N would do.

RELAY,WIDE are fundamental and we want them to
work EVERYWHERE.  ( though under the new paradigm
SSn-N would be more efficient for local ops..)

People with trackers will continue to run R,W or R,W,W
and dont ever need to change it.  The LINKn-N and SSn-N
are for people with kenwoods or other mobiles that can
change paths with the push of a b utton and may want to
extend their RF range to match where they are. for more
capability.  Bob

>>> "Chris Rose" <kb8uih at sbcglobal.net> 12/29/04 12:10:27 PM >>>
  Hello,
  I set my Kenwoods to RELAY,WIDE,WIDE.  I haven't tried to set them
for
RELAY,WIDE2-2.  Now, with the changes to LinkN-n, etc. for whatever
expressway you drive, it is more complicated than ever.  If someone can

write me personally to help clear the mud on this issue, I would
greatly
appreciate it.  I am very confused on that issue.   If different
regions of
the country all set different parameters, you have to keep setting your
rigs
over and over depending on how far you travel and or where you travel.

Hopefully I am not making it out to be more than it is but I won't know
how
to set my radio up for trips now.

  Thanks,
  Chris