[aprssig] Portable Ops from 12v via 115 VAC

Richard Amirault ramirault at erols.com
Wed Dec 29 11:04:05 EST 2004

I'm not "into" cars as much as most guys so I'll assume that you are correct
.. but I have run some equipment from my car via an inverter, thru a 100ft
extension cord (it was a sound system)  I did not run the car at idle, but
drew directly off the battery and every 45 min to 1 hour I would start the
car and re-charge the battery.

I have a Honda EU 2000 generator and I love it. BUT I don't always carry it
around with me in the car ;-)   I *do* carry a couple of inverters and an
extension cord or two.  As a matter of fact I'm running some Christmas
lights on the outside of my car this week powered by an inverter.

It's nice to have options.

Richard Amirault              N1JDU
Boston, MA, USA          Go Fly A Kite