[aprssig] Portable Ops from 12v via 115 VAC

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 29 10:25:33 EST 2004

>>> ramirault at erols.com 12/29/04 9:57:54 AM >>>
>Bob, you don't address his main point .. that an inverter
>draws *considerable* amps from the vehicle electrical system.
> YES, for *transfering* the power, over a long distance,
>the higher voltage is better, but his point (I think) was
>that a vehicle may  not be able to sustain this drain for very long.

Yes, I agree completely.
I was mostly commenting on the subsequent post from someone
that said he keeps a long run of heavy wire to get 12 volts into
his shack...  My point was that anything more than a few feet
will be better "transfered" at the higher voltage if he has to
go from the car to indoors.

Bob