[aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Tue Dec 28 19:02:03 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip B. Pacier" <ad6nh at arrl.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

> I have TNCs and radios to spare - I thought there was already a WinLink
> node in the LA Basin here.  If not, I wouldn't mind setting one up and
> exploring its usefulness!
>
> 73
> Phil - AD6NH

One node is not enough.  In Vegas, for example, I see 4 or 5.  If one flakes
out for any reason the others may be there to choose from.  I am totally
opposed to having nearby nodes on the same freq.  There is no need in
probably most cases.
Check it out...you'll enjoy it and it's very useful.

Jim, WA6OFT