[aprssig] More thoughts on Connected Packet

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Dec 28 13:40:16 EST 2004

> The resergence in connected mode packet is called Winlink2k.
>
> Check it out at:   http://www.winlink.org

What irritates me about the Winlink website is that I can't find any good
techinical overview of how the system works.  It seems to be packaged as a
service, tied to their central server, and maybe they just don't want to go
into details.. or maybe they're just afraid of scaring off the appliance
operators.

Is there any overview of the system written for a network administrator?
Why does the system use its own mail format rather than MIME?

Scott
N1VG