[aprssig] Parallel UHF APRS lewvel-4 node system.

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Tue Dec 28 13:08:51 EST 2004

At 09:24 AM 12/28/2004, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:
>Earl Needham wrote:
>
>>>But putting up a second TNC at all APRS sites with a "NODE"
>>>on a common UHF frequency would be a fantastic way to
>>>support one-time-as-needed connections between users to
>>>meet the real computer-to-computer needs of users.
>>

>>         I'd like to see them on 1.2 or higher, with perhaps a 19200 data
>> rate.
>>
>>         Earl
>
>And I'd love to see 1.2 radios become more affordable!

         Geez, ain't it the truth!  Maybe if we start using them more the
price will come down, or maybe it'll go up, or maybe...

>900 might be an option as well if the older commercial radios can be tuned
>and modified to accept 19k2.

         Good thought!  And my original thought would more properly be
phrased," I'd like to see a frequency where we could use really high data
rates, 19200 would be OK, but I'd REALLY like to see 384K or more."

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico  DM84jk
<http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info>