[aprssig] Parallel UHF APRS lewvel-4 node system.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 28 12:09:17 EST 2004

>As for unused frequencies, that is a problem on almost every
>band in Southern California.  It is near impossible to put up a
repeater
>on 2m, 220, or 440 anymore.

Yes, if you look at the digital listings in the MidAtlantic you will
find everyone of the 25 to 50 packet channels "assigned" to
some BBS or node, but you will also find them almost all DEAD
and not in use anymore.  So I am not proposing a new freq,
but just re-vitalizing what we have.

I just have no clue how to find out what is really out there and
active.  With 100 systems listed in our area from the 1998 list
(the last time it was updated),

I guess the best thing to do is to just monitor each channel
for 15 minuets at a time and see what you capture.  If you
dont decode anything, then its not local and not going to do
one any good anyway...

Since typing this, I now have now captured a packet from
two systems on 145.05 in my area.
Bob