[aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Tue Dec 28 11:22:02 EST 2004

It is amazing how great minds think alike.

I have been working on setting up 10 donated Pentium 130 32mb boxes with
dos based apps.  I have APRSDOS and Digi_Ned working but one of the things
I want to get going is F6FBB DOS. I plan to have these available for rapid
deployment with groups around the state once I get this done.

I have often felt that the old BBS is the way to go for messaging in local
disasters and shelter evacuations situations.  Once you eliminate the long
range forwarding a BBS can work very well as a place to relay mail to and
from EOC's and Shelters.  The star topology is very adaptable within a
limited range.

Now is there anyone on sig who would be willing to help me overcome the
errors I am getting with F6FBBdos?

Off SIG of course.