[aprssig] Having trouble with APRS setup

John Denison kd5you at houston.rr.com
Mon Dec 27 19:28:54 EST 2004

Thank you all for your replies. I went to Radio Shack and bought a null
modem adapter, plugged it in, and now the TNC is transmitting. I changed
the rate from 1 minute to 5. Everything seems to be working ok except
that the digipeater in downtown Houston is not hearing my signal. I'm
able to hit repeaters in downtown from here with no problems. Does
anyone in this area know a specific path I should use?

@ Keith VE7GDH

I don't know if the GPS requires the GPSINIT line, but it is working ok
with it still in. I guess either it needs the line or it disregards it.

73's
John