[aprssig] help with Xastir

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Sun Dec 26 20:32:29 EST 2004

I am an absolute newbie with both Linux and Xastir, so please bear with me.
Is there a way to filter my feed so I am only getting positions and traffic
within X miles of my QTH? I tried setting r/38/-76/200 on aprseast.net:10152
but I still seem to be getting the whole feed. Also, could someone familiar
with the local area take a look at my position
(http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?N3hgb-1) and give me an idea if an
IGATE at my QTH would best serve by receiving only or having transmit
ability. I think there must be a way to filter outgoing messages to only
send to stations within one hop.
Thanks,
73 de N3HGB
Joe Della Barba