[aprssig] RE: New n-N and 28 versus 30

dick at kb7zva.com dick at kb7zva.com
Mon Dec 20 15:05:44 EST 2004

>How about changing it to 40 or 45?  Hold-off on the trackers can
>easily delay for several seconds on a busy channel.

I'd be careful with this because we live in 2 world's.

Deciding if a frame is a duplicate is not an exact science.
For instance, 'message' frames that fail to get an ACK will be
resent, simply adding more packets on your local network.

Mobile (tracker) trackers frames don't expect ACK's.

If 'Dupe secs' is set too high, then the resend of the frame by the
originating station will be regarded as a duplicate when in fact it
isn't.

If your in the shadow of other digipeaters (hearing more
than one), you would defeat hearing legitimate message packets,
that require ACK's.

Dick, KB7ZVA
APRSWest