[aprssig] New n-N and 28 versus 30

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 20 14:15:57 EST 2004

I also wonder if it is also time to change  the common
28 second filter parameter in most digis' UIFLOOD, and UITRACE
parameters from 28 to 32?

It was set to 28 so that people running 30 second trackers
would not get filtered out.

These days, No one should be running 30 seconds *routinely*
so why not change the filter to 32 so they CANT (routinely).
Of course the SYSOP can change it to 19 seconds if he
wants for any special event or for doing mobile coverage
studies at a 20 second rate if he wants,...

But in general, I dont see why we leave this floodgate
open for such rare occassions.  Better to keep it closed
most of the time and only open it up when needed..

I'm changing all my docs to show this.  or at least 30 secs.

Bob