[aprssig] XM Satellite radio (off topic)

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Tue Dec 14 17:33:12 EST 2004

This is about as off-topic as I'd ever dare get, but there is a tie-in to APRS,
however tenuous...

Turns out the VP of engineering is a Citizen's Weather user, we emailed back and
forth a couple times on a techincal issue, and he sent me deal that is too good
not to share. Yes, I made sure it was really OK to pass along to everyone I
know, he even said it OK to spread beyond that, so you can share with everyone
you know too. If you are thinking about XM for the holidays, you won't find a
better deal anywhere! The prices there are even better than the half off he
claims, the new SkyFi2 is street price of $100, the home and vehicle kits
another $50, you get it with either the home or car kit for $50, or two-thirds
off!

Sadly it doesn't cover the new MyFi, but I already have a deposit on one
anyway...

I wouldn't have heard about this deal if it wasn't for APRS and all its users,
so there, instantly on-topic ;-)

Steve

Disclaimer: Though I used to own XM stock, I sold it for a nice profit a while
back, well below its present height...so don't ask me for stock advice ;-)