[aprssig] SSn-N and LINKn-N vs WIDEn-N Problems?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 14 15:46:43 EST 2004

The proposal for SSn-N and ##LNKn-N to replace WIDEn-N
in those areas that are saturated has not generated the usual
opposition.  If there is a problem in there, we need to dig it
out and discuss it.

If its a good idea, lets do it.

Can someone take the Internet feed and simply plot a 3D map
of the USA showing  APRS station density in stations per hundred
square miles?  It would be very easy to see what areas should
be WIDEn-N.  Or maybe better to plot APRS station density
per DIGI! to get the best idea of network load density.

I'd be curious to know what vast areas should remain
WIDEn-N out west mostly, and what areas will go with the
State SSn-N.  My thinnking is that everything east of the
Mississippi is a candidate for SSn-N.  As is everything
along the West Coast.  In the Rockies and great plaines
are good candidates for WIDEn-N..?

But the interstate ##LNKn-N's can work everywhere?

de Wb4APR, Bob