[aprssig] Interstate ##LNKn-N WIlderness advantages

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Dec 13 14:05:30 EST 2004

At 10:30 AM 12/13/2004, Robert Bruninga wrote:
><snip>
>AND when we go to the interstate ##LNKn-N systems, then
>those people that say they need 5 hops in their area to
>get to an IGate can do it *without* QRMING the rest of us!

         Now Bob, surely you don't mean to say that I've QRM'ed you all the
way from New Mexico?  <G>

><snip>
>It is a big win-win for everyone!

         Well, not quite.  Remember back last March my HamHUD was stolen,
along with TNC and radios?  I'm about to put my old dumb tracker back into
use, and I can't use the new paths with it -- all the parameters are
PERMANENTLY BURNED INTO THE CHIP.  Including the path (from years ago) or
WIDE5-5.

>Or say if it is not just linear, but a several thousand square
>mile wilderness, then go ahead and let all the digis remain
>WIDEn-N, let the few dozen or so users in that vast area
>use WIDE5-5 including the IGATES on the fringes that
>serve that vast expanse.

         Oh.  Guess I shoulda' read ahead!  <G>

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico  DM84jk
<http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info>