[aprssig] findU symbol sets...

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Wed Dec 8 10:53:58 EST 2004

Well, for years I've been begging for new icons for findU, and now it looks like
I'm about to have multiple sets, so here is what I'm going to do...

Any icon set submitted to me will be placed on the server under the callsign of
the submitter, there is a new parameter to both find and plot to use any icon
set desired:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=KD4GOI-9&iconset=KD4GOI

For now, since only one of these icon sets has been submitted, the default
remains the old findU set. When the second which has been promised to me arrives
(and any others that are submitted, if you ever wanted to submit an iconset, now
is your chance!), I'll announce the choices and run a vote, the winner will
become the new default set, but all submitted will remain available using the
iconset parameter.

If you want to submit an icon set, it needs to be in the format of

http://www.findu.com/maps/allicons.png
http://www.findu.com/maps/allicon2.png

Be sure the white backgroud is set transparent. You need to state that the icons
are derived from the above (which I copied, with permission, from the Sprouls'
MacAPRS set when I created javAPRS), your own work, or copied with permission
from someone else. I refuse to get in the middle of disputes about who copied
from who, if you submit a set with the above statement I'll post the iconset,
and if you feel someone else has stolen from you, take it up with them, not me.
I'm not going to go pixel to pixel trying to figure out the prigins of icons!

Steve K4HG