[aprssig] Xastir and a proxy?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 7 15:14:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Have the same problem at my Telco work as well.
>
> We hide behind a port 80 proxy / firewall.
>
> I could never get ui-view to work either.
>
> What is needed is some testing, and perhaps an itermeduatory
> program, that authenticates and passes to xastir.
>
> I will have a play see what I can break

As far as maps, latest Xastir (whenever the anonymous CVS server
catches up to the development server) should work for you.  You just
need to set the environment variables and set up the .netrc file.
It's written up in the FAQ now.

Do we also need some method of getting the internet connections to
work through a proxy firewall, or do they allow such things through
as-is?