[aprssig] SPEC Change PBBS => MAIL

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 7 12:19:35 EST 2004

OOPS, I meant the /] PBBS symbol, I miss-typed it as \].
Bob

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 12/7/04 11:14:54 AM >>>
I propose a SPEC change to better match the MAIL symbol
that is currently in use in many programs:

>>> "Stephen H. Smith" <WA8LMF2 at aol.com> 12/6/04 5:26:06 PM >>>
>You can see my current symbol assingnments at:
>    http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

The \] "PBBS" symbol used by many Windows and other
"icon" based OS's is shown as a big blue Post-Office Box
with the letters MAIL on it.  I like this symbol.  And since
we dont really need to distinguish between a BBS and a
PBBS any longer, I propose to change the wording of the
APRS SPEC symbol table to call the \] a MAIL or POST-
OFFICE instead of a PBBS.

 If you have a PBBS, use the BBS symbol

If there are no objections, consider it done.

Bob