[aprssig] (Ab)Use of APRS for telemetry? Anyone doing it?

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Sun Dec 5 17:12:22 EST 2004

On 12/5/04 at 1:53 PM James Washer <washer at trlp.com> sent:

>Like sending data back from remote sensors, or controlling stuff ( garage door,
>gate, lights, water pumps, cat feeder, etc)
>
>Anyone doing anything like this? If so, let me know.

Quite a few people are. You can look at plots of the active telemetry stations
with

http://findu.com/cgi-bin/alltele.cgi

Which uses a simple plot on the  axis (i.e. not scaled to time) or

http://findu.com/cgi-bin/alltele2.cgi

which uses ploticus to scale for time, but has other problems for some stations
I have not tracked down...

Steve K4HG