[aprssig] RE: APRSPoint

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Dec 3 00:47:47 EST 2004

Just don't get me started on how none of these 'modern' operating systems
don't support any sort of REAL meta-data.  Heck, a DIR /FULL in VMS gives
you a full page of info for ONE FILE.  (Got a VAX-6000 in the garage...)

Really, it's a usability issue.  If it's intended to be viewed on Windows,
it should follow a Windows-recognized naming convention.  What's wrong with
README_WIN32.TXT?  Even README.WIN32.TXT should be fine.  And it should be
formatted in the DOS convention of CR/LF.  Nothing like opening a text file
in Notepad and getting it all on one line.

Even in a graphical Linux shell I suspect you're going to run into the same
problem.

Scott
N1VG